How to decide which propane company to use is a simple process, as long as you get the answers to a few important questions. In this video, I give you the ten questions you need to ask before selecting your propane company. These questions go beyond the standard price comparison or uncovering hidden fees.To help you start your research and to make it just a little bit easier, Great Valley Propane’s answers will be below each question.
- What is their customer service reputation? Low prices are important, but will your heating company leave you on hold for 2 hours during an emergency? Be sure to get the big picture on this one. Look for lots of testimonials and consider the average rating, not just one or two stories.GV Propane’s Response: We have a 5-star rated service that’s available whenever you need us, 24/7/365. Service and support are always just a phone call away.
- How much experience do they have in the heating business? Companies that have been around for a while have more experience helping families stay safe and comfortable, and are often willing to go the extra mile to serve you.GV Propane’s Response: We have been in business for over 30 years keeping our customers comfortable at home and providing excellent customer service.
- How convenient are tank fill ups, and scheduling maintenance visits? Before selecting a company, you’ll want to understand what it takes to schedule a delivery, and how long it takes to get a technician to your home.GV Propane’s Response: We are always just a phone call away, any time of day, every day of the year. We encourage our customers to sign up for our Automatic Delivery, so scheduling a fill up is one less thing on your To-Do list.
- Do they offer accessible, affordable, and convenient payment plan options? If flexible and money-saving payment plans are important to keep your budget in check, then this one is definitely a must-ask.GV Propane’s Response: We understand that tank fill-ups can be a big expense. That’s why we offer payment plan options so you can choose what’s right for your budget, whether that’s Automatic Payments or the Budget Plan.
- How do they help me save money and manage fluctuating fuel prices? A great company will treat you as a human, not as an endless piggybank. The best companies offer Price Protection Options so you’re never paying top dollar for fuel.GV Propane’s Response: Our Price Protection Options are designed to protect you from price spikes while also letting you pay less as prices drop. Or, you could choose to pay ahead at a fixed rate, or simply pay market rates with each delivery. We give you the flexibility to choose what works best for your home.
- Are all of their service technicians in-house? Some on-demand oil companies can often leave you without support for emergency repairs or maintenance. Ask about certified technicians ready to fix that 3am furnace breakdown.GV Propane’s Response: Our company is family-owned and all of our technicians are in-house and fully certified so we can provide the highest quality of care for your home.
- Do they offer a guarantee or warranty on equipment they sell or install? You want peace of mind that your new equipment will be protected, and to see they stand behind the equipment manufacturers they partner with.GV Propane’s Response: Absolutely! For your peace of mind, we offer warranty plans for all tanks we sell. These plans include a tank replacement warranty and can even help you save on your homeowner’s insurance.
- What Service Agreement terms do they offer? And that’s because 75% of “No Heat” maintenance requests are caused by issues that would have been prevented if the equipment had been properly serviced.GV Propane’s Response: Our signature Safety & Efficiency Agreement is one of the most comprehensive service agreements anywhere, even including a thorough yearly tune-up, plus safety and efficiency check – for free. With this plan, you’ll be considered a preferred customer, and you’ll receive priority service with discounts up to 15% on most repairs.
- How do they service emergency maintenance requests? Discount oil companies may have limited service hours during evenings, weekends and holidays – the times when your home’s warmth can be the most critical.GV Propane’s Response: We never want you to be without heat in the middle of winter, but sometimes, emergencies happen. The good news is we’re here 24/7 for emergency service.
- How do they help keep my home safe and comfortable beyond heating? That’s because most homes won’t only need heat. There’s Air Conditioning, fuel for cooking, or even whole-home generators to keep your electricity on in bad weather. Use this opportunity to understand who can be your trusted one-stop-shop for home comfort.GV Propane’s Response: We can be your partner year-round in any weather conditions for air conditioning, indoor air quality, whole house generators, dumpster rentals, and both heating oil and propane deliveries.